A unions purpose

Sons of Liberty
The first thing is to understand what is the purpose of a union. This is not a joke to make foolish comments about our sisters and brothers. Its about what each of our members want out of this.
We have been given the opportunity that Carpenters stand together as one unit (Union), to fight for a standard that consist of; a livable wage, health care, pension and respect as a union carpenter.
When we have to lower our standard we have to reconsider " what the heck is going on with our leaders".
I don't think that there is a union carpenter outside swinging a hammer , installing drywall,flooring, hanging cabinets, build concrete form etc. wants to work for less pay and benefits.
Lets value our time working together and come up with a solution that works for all carpenters.
Educate the members about how decision are made . The power of a delegate is to vote on contracts, protect our constitution and its members.
 The delegates body is made up of 100 delegates. It breaks down to local 20 - 3 delegates local 45-8 local 157-43 local 740- 2 local 926-8 local 1556-16 local 2287-5 local 2790-11 and the newest local 212 -4
total 100 delegates.
Not all delegates work with there tools , which means they don't work under the same agreement as the carpenters that work with there tools. The reduction of wages and benefits" DOES NOT" effect there pay and benefits at all. Who are these delegates? They are the people that work full time as council reps and organizers. If they believe in our union maybe they should work under the same agreement. If they get a reduction in wages and benefit they would fight the same fight and feel the same hurt that we the carpenters feel. Instead they work under a pay band system and when we get a raise they get a raise plus they get a review once or twice a year to step up in salary and they never get a reduction in pay. I believe that what we have to do is to help out these council reps and organizer and just have them do their jobs. let the tools carpenters fight for there wages and benefits. It effects us directly.
Take a good look at the history and open your eyes and tell yourself are we are moving in the right direction. Go back and look at who voted in the best interest of your future. It tell me that the delegates that voted for all of the PLAs and Reduction of benefit .
Who works for the council and the organizing departments?
John Sheehy,Graham McHugh,Edward McWilliams,Paul Capurso,Brain Brady,Donald Foley,Anthony Madaio,Thomas McKeon,Denis Pupovic,Michael Odenthal,Kenneth Bluhm,Jeremy Milin,Eamon Carey,Louis Norelli,Anthony Demarco,Tamara Rivera,Gerald Matthews.
Please if you gets chance ask anyone on the progress slate why are you on a slate that there record is give back wages and benefits.This is a time in the New York city history that construction is the busiest. What do you think is going to happen when the city is not busy? What do we have to give back.
To All of the men and women Who are working under the tools agreement and not just the 157 local but all locals that are involed with the delegates election good luck in the election .
 For the record I support  The 2016 MEMBERS VOICE SLATE . ITS a fight that is worth fighting . Never give up.Our Future is counting on it.

Re: A unions purpose

Members Voice
Vote MEMBERS VOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: A unions purpose

hammer
ALL SLATES ARE A FARCE. YOU CAN DO NOTHING. BUT AS A DELEGATE YOU CAN GET THE BEST JOBS THERE ARE, BECAUSE YOU SAY YES ,YES , YES TO EVERYTHING MCCARON WANTS.  HEY AS LONG AS THE DELEGATES HAVE ALL THE BEST JOBS, WHO CARES ABOUT THE REST OF THE MEMBERSHIP.  DELEGATE SELL OUTS, THEY'RE ALL FOR THEMSELVES.