A test of brotherhood

Norman
   We claim to believe that we stand behind, and would defend, the rights and principles of those brothers and sisters that we may disagree with. A member of one of our locals has been severely injured off the job. He was not a good old boy. He was not always a team player. Many in his own local, and at the council, did not like him. His motives may have been good; his methods upset those who would rather cover up the things that he found.
   This is a test of our union and religious principles! Next time it could be you or someone close to you! Do we support a brother in his time of need, or do we have a good laugh at the misfortunes of a brother we may not have liked?
  Joseph P. is hospitalized, he is in extreme physical and financial distress, what do we as his brothers and sisters do?

Re: A test of brotherhood

Concerned
What local is he from , Is there gonna be a fundraiser and what is the brother's name . There is a site called    " Go Fund Me  " where you can raise money for people in need .

Re: A test of brotherhood

Doug McCarron
Bait? Debate?

C'mon Norman! Your motives are as transparent as your methods!

My Motives?

NORMAN
I'll list them: 1- Brotherhood; 2- Loyalty; 3- Fair, living wages and benefits for everyone; 4- An equal opportunity; 5- Stuff you swore to when you took on the obligations of the carpenters brotherhood; 6- Other stuff you once claimed to believe on Sundays and at your confirmation; 7- The things that your parents and godparents swore that they would diligently teach you when you were baptized. And a few other things that you'll have to talk to your priest, minister, or mullah about. Simple motives that I grew up with and agreed to long before I became a union steward.
Come out from behind your phony handle and meet me in a Manhattan church that I can get to, and we can all discuss face to face who we really are, our motives, and beliefs. - Norman

Re: A test of brotherhood

NORMAN
Joe, is a diver/welder; he was studying for advanced societies and manufacturers certifications out of his own pocket. I've never seen him do drugs or work non-union. His lifestyle would suggest that he wasn't on the take. I can't drive to his hospital, so it would be inappropriate for me to run a fund for him. Any fundraisers in or out of the union will be by younger people. The Gary Senise Tunnels to Towers will pay off the debts, mortgages, and tuition of the two shot cops; I don't know what their union and the city will kick in. Bill Walsh appears to have some relationship with them, maybe they can kick in toward his operations and rehab, ask him. Joes' local will probably be held liable for their missing funds; after that, and the ongoing investigations, if they still exist, they may not have the price of coffee. What council benefits and welfare will do is unknown to me; he did embarrass the council with what he found.

Re: A test of brotherhood

brotherhood test follower
Now that we (the anonymous readers of the forum) have more information, it seems that the most important thing for you to do now is explain how he got hurt.

   If he was shot in a drive-by at the hands of a rival gang, or if he was ran over in a hit-and-run on his way to visit the generally  infirm in a nearby hospital, sure makes all the difference in how to approach plausible charity towards his situation- whether it be financial or otherwise.

There is numerous ways to help a brother in need, and you are a fine example of a brother for bringing the situation to attention here.

 Nonetheless, more detail needs to be offered up, and or others who are aware of the situation need to chime in, to increase the possibility of volunteerism to really take hold in this situation.

  From what  you have to offer as far as information- it seems to the anonymous reader that the council took care of a problem internally, due to problems of said embarrassment Joe was causing or did cause .

If that is the case, it portrays the fact that there exists an unspoken reality for all of those who visit here for news and information:

                                                               "R E T A L I A T I O N "

 Are you at liberty to discuss whether or not his situation is a direct result of what you described as Joe's activity in 'embarrassing' the council? And since you brought it up- what exactly did he find that was so embarrassing?

 You have portrayed a union brother in a public forum as a whistle-blower of sorts,  a forum hosted by a member of the council.

 Please keep us informed on the progress of this situation as it plays out.

  Thank you

 BTF

Re: A test of brotherhood

striker
Brother normal,i am sorry to hear about the member joe who got hurt,if they are taking donations for sick leave or members like him that got hurt,we shoild all do our part to make a contribution,if there is a fundraiser.my prayers go out to all fallen brothers and sisters in need.I also agree .this is a brotherhood,it comes with respect,pride,determination and loyality .our union has to realize,our members have sacrificed and worked in dangerous conditions,and we all owe it to when a injury to 1,is a injury to all.always pick up a fallen member with support,strength,and buy sticken togerther it will keep us all strong,it is a brotherhood to serve with pride and respect,please lets keep it that way.in solidarity a caring union member.

Re: A test of brotherhood

Manhattan Mike
I have tried to help by setting up a donation website using "gofundme" as my platform. This is the best I could do given what little information I have .

Norman was asked to offer more information by another brother "Brotherhood test follower", but he attacked that person instead of making it easier to help Joe Passero?

I don't understand that about Norman.

Anyhow, if anyone has more information on how to get any donations forwarded directly to "JOE" - please offer them to me here- and I will modify my go fund me account accordingly.

                                                        http://www.gofundme.com/lx8rqc

Thank you very much,

                       Manhattan Mike

Re: A test of brotherhood

1556
   Hey Norm
     If this post is about Joe Passero ,that piece of crap , he is getting what he deserves . Funny how things come back to those who screw others around for their own purpose , can't wait to see what happen to McCarron. Passero can't go to his own local ( 1556 ) after he screwed over the entire membership by giving their private information to a convicted felon on orders from Denis Walsh ,who by the way knew Union Solutions was owned by an ex-con . The same Joe Passero who edited  videos of working divers so Danielson could pretend to bring them up on charges . By the way , every diver brought up on charges ( all 17 )   NOT GUILTY after a full investigation by the  I G . Passero sold his soul to Denis Walsh and sucked his C+^K   to benefit himself . Let him go to Walsh for help , see how far it get's him . After all , Waslh has millions he stole from us !! Rot in your hospital be Joe PISS !!!

Re: A test of brotherhood

Why the mystery
         Norman , you never stated how Joe was injured or where . Was it on the job , does he have enough hours for coverage ,what kind of injuries did he sustain ? If you expect anyone to donate I think they are entitled to more information before digging into their pockets . Guys get hurt all the time in our trade , I  , myself was injured and out of work for 4 months ,and have 4 kids to support . Yet no one took up a collection for me . Thank God it was on the job and the job insurance paid something towards my weekly pay losses.  If Joe was a welder I can only assume he worked regularly , as welders are always in demand and never out of work.

Re: My Motives?

striker
This is a brotherhood and union members should start sticking togerther to elevate our interests to make working conditions better for all of us.It is about time,change has to happen and change will bring about better results,god willingly.Good luck to everyone.

Re: My Motives?

hammer
KEEP DREAMING

Re: A test of brotherhood

about rumors
I heard from a council rep on the job that Joe Passero may never walk again ,and almost died . Is that true , anybody know ?

Norman
He will walk. He may work after lots of rehab. He's not asking for more than an honest local and union. He is offering: no apologies to those who are responsible for the missing money; no apologies to those who are covering up for those responsible; no sympathy for those who won't take responsibility for not finding out that something was wrong before him and who would rather blame the messenger. For those whose postings suggest a morbid curiosity - perhaps a porn site would be more to your liking - perhaps, also, it is best that this blog is being deserted. - rNorman

Re: Reply

about rumors
Thank you Norman , I hope he has a full recovery

Re: Reply

Life lock
Does Joe Piss have any apologies for giving a convicted felon my Social Security number ?