A VERY IMPORTANT MEETING FOR RETIREES

John A Diaz
HI my name is John A Diaz Vice-president of the New York City District Council Carpenter's retiree Guild, Attention Attention  to all those retired, those thinking about retiring and those who will be retiring in the next two (2) years whether it's your working on your tools (55 years of age and at least 5 years benefit credits) or those retiring because of a disability please come and pass the news to attend the next retiree meeting being held at the New York City District Council Training Center 2nd Floor at 10am MAY 11TH, there will be a special guest specifically a lawyer who will help you with any disability claim especially hearing loss.  There will also be a discussion on what matters the most to the retired Carpenter.  We need to show them that there is strength in numbers not just a hand full of Carpenters who have legitimate concerns.  The District Council needs to be reminded of their commitment to the retired Carpenter.   Let's face it, the reason  we all work hard is not only to provide for our families,  but to be able to retire with some security and respect.  The men and women of this union have forgotten what it means to be united, we can no longer just look out for number 1.  That is what is hurting this union, that is the reason they can take away benefits and add premiums and large co-pays.  We need to unite, become strong and say we aren't going to take it anymore, enough is enough,  next the active working Carpenter will be served with the same changes.  So for once in your life stand up for you self come together.   I am  asking that you please pass the word to all retired members to attend May 11.
RDK

Re: A VERY IMPORTANT MEETING FOR RETIREES

RDK
I was there John on May 11th when we were kicked out onto the streets.   They take away our benefits.  Take away our meeting place.   They just clear out want to strip us of our dignity.  We worked hard.  No one writes away and asks to get sick.  To not be able to support their families.   Many of us have worked more hours than many carpenters with 15 vested credits, some of us more hours than carpenters with 20 vested credits but it means nothing.  Our contributions mean nothing.  There is no solidarity in the union.  Where are our delegates?  Why did we even vote for them? Where is our voice?   Where are the demonstrations like Verizon workers?  Some brotherhood, every man out for himself.   Shame on all of you who have not stepped up to help your brothers and sisters losing their coverage in four weeks!!  Shame on you all !

Not proud to be a member any more !!

Re: A VERY IMPORTANT MEETING FOR RETIREES

sons of liberty
If you are not happy with your union then maybe you should get yourself involve and make a difference. VOTE, VOTE. Make a stand and look who hurt you and your family.When are people going to wake up and fight back. Look who has your back. just look at who votes on the delegate body in your best interest. its posted .
RDK

Re: A VERY IMPORTANT MEETING FOR RETIREES

RDK
Well, Sons of Liberty,  you shouldn't be so presumptuous.   I have voted at EVERY ELECTION since I became a member, I have ran myself.  I have always been involved and supportive to every cause within the union.    So I am not sure what you are implying with your response.  We need the backing of all members.   The delegates ???? Need I say more?   Just exactly who has my back?

Re: A VERY IMPORTANT MEETING FOR RETIREES

!!!!!!
I did post a relevant item about challenging McCarron inside the walls of 395!

Meeting @ Mc'edees nowadays?

Fight for use of the space IN YOUR BUILDING

THAT IS WHAT THE GOV'T CALLED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: A VERY IMPORTANT MEETING FOR RETIREES

sons of liberty
I thank you for getting yourself involved. Things today are different than years ago . I look at what has happen to us as a union disappoints me as well . I still am a fighter and i do believe that the fight is worth fighting .
I just think that the elected and the appointed people that run our union forgot what it is like to lift things and run all day long. Only if they were under the same contract they would fight the same fight as the membership fight.
We can't afford to give up. Good union workers always fight the fight. Stay strong .
RDK

Re: A VERY IMPORTANT MEETING FOR RETIREES

RDK
Is there a retiree meeting tomorrow?  If so, where is it?

Re: A VERY IMPORTANT MEETING FOR RETIREES

Norman
There was an offhand remark in the office about lawyers
and not pursuing agendas.
Better check with Bill,
if he has the time away from his other pursuits.
We only occupy their space at their indulgence, and for their purposes.

Re: A VERY IMPORTANT MEETING FOR RETIREES

SAY WHAT!
Then they discard each and every sacrifice,-  every second & every moment, each drop of sweat & blood which was selflessly given by each retirees "pursuit" of their agenda!

HOW DARE THEY, the UBC!