A Betrayal of New York City Carpenters

RichardDorrough
By
    Ben Beckett

New York carpenters are facing a disastrous two-tier contract filled with cuts for new workers. Rank-and-file carpenters have to fight back against the union leaders who rammed it down their throats.

https://jacobinmag.com/2019/07/new-york-city-district-council-of-carpenters-contract?fbclid=IwAR0YR9DsT_6SkOe1FtnGGpNICSRNvkJUiqvCWl39HWJ-e3aiqQL2B-8kss0

Re: A Betrayal of New York City Carpenters

labor omnia vincit
Brother Dorrough thanks for the info. You are my brother . the nycdcc reps could never be family. " Who are the ones we left in charge? Killers thieves and lawyers Gods away on buisness" (Tom Waits song from the album Blood Money how appropriate"

Re: A Betrayal of New York City Carpenters

End of the line
The business has been ruined for the kid who didn't go to college and get an education. There is no point in doing this back breaking work for these new low paying wages. These construction jobs used to be a way to capture a decent life without getting your education. This is no longer the case due to the high cost of living in the NYC region. The leaders of NYCDCC have sold the young people out. Save yourself. Get out now or better yet , never join. The writing is on the wall and don't say you weren't warned.

Re: A Betrayal of New York City Carpenters

concerned retiree
Once again Douglas McCarron, president of the Carpenters union, has instructed his delegate minions to undermine journeyman carpenters, and the heart of the union, by their ratification of a Management created contract. His process of destroying the union continues.  In his 20 years plus as the President of the UBC,  Mr. McCarron has decimated every pro democracy union concept within his grasp. By controlling the union through his paid staff, with substantive voting rights taken away from the Rank and file workers who financially support this union, Mr. McCarron has eviscerated union democracy.

          Will the Rank and File ever rise up before this process destroys the United Brotherhood of Carpenters ?  And its pension and benefits program ?  Only time will tell....

     Management created contracts are a violation of Labor Law. When will this movement  by the contractors to dominate the union be halted ? It is very near completion. As New York City goes, so will the nation in relation to the union model. There is a section of the National Labor Relations Act that speaks specifically to labor unions being dominated by employers. Our elected congressional representatives should be put on notice that enforcement of these statutes must be applied to prevent the domination and destruction of our union by representatives in sheep's clothing.

Re: A Betrayal of New York City Carpenters

Steward
A betrayal of organized labor,its sad,and a shame,the whole membership has been sold out,especially after all we worked hard and sacrificed our whole life,the delegates need to be voted out.

Re: A Betrayal of New York City Carpenters

Steward
They have hideous crimes amongst our leadership,so the leadership could live there lavish lifestyles,skumbags and sellouts is what the are.

Re: A Betrayal of New York City Carpenters

george
its a discrace,a slap in the face,after working so hard for many years,this sell outcontract they signed,i blame this on the stooge,mccarroon,he wants control of the money,and take medical benefitsand pensions away from our retires,he needs to get the hell out now,he is a shame,and discrace to organized labor,he is making one million dollars a year,on our hard earned money,every time u turn around,he is merging unions,now there all being investigated with subpoenas,get all these bums out now,too much time,and energy is being wasted on this idiot,our money is being wasted,when it should be going in to suring uo our funds,we need real leadership,real members who care for the members best interests.i hope they all rot in hell,too many members suffered to long because of these morans.