5 yr member running for president?

Just saying
Son, i think you should insulate more walls and take more coffee orders before you try running a local with thousands of members. 5 years...... what a joke
owl

Re: 5 yr member running for president?

owl
president of the united states had only 2 yrs in as a senator and if you check his voting record as a senator he voted present 90 % of the time. before he was senator he was a community activist like al sharpton.now he is president of the united states. ford had how many yrs in as a union memeber ??

Re: 5 yr member running for president?

Richard Quaranta
send him out for a pale of steam or a left handed screwdriver or even better a stud stretcher

Re: 5 yr member running for president?

Levi
   It's not how many years a person has in as much as qualifications. A member who is knowledgeable,able to assert himself, honest and has the interests of the membership at heart is the type of person I want as president, regardless of his number of years.

Re: 5 yr member running for president?

Just saying
Sorry but i want someone who has a little more then  5 years running a local, i think you need to spend time in the business before you know how it runs. Im sure there are members with alot more experience then just getting out of the apprenticeship that would have the members interests as a priority. Go back to insulating then come talk to me!

Re: 5 yr member running for president?

Just saying
And a word of advice.... If i was running for something i wouldnt want someone in my ballot with the nick name "terror" or "cigars" on the ballot itself. its extremely unprofessional and it sounds very corrupt, but what would i know im just a stupid uneducated carpenter :)

Re: 5 yr member running for president?

American
How many years would you like to see? and why?
What I find amazing is that there is only one candidate with a plan of action, Davenport  and Gausman have admitted they would not be able to do anything. Crean wants to extend welfare benefits, when we cannot afford what we have. Bilello wants to simply coast into office, with no platform.
Only one guy wants to fight back, and you would prefer to have someone who will do nothing, but have a 20 year record to prove that they are not lying when they say they will do maintain the status quo. Interesting.

Re: 5 yr member running for president?

RichardDorrough
"Only one guy wants to fight back" I am curious who you are referring to???

Re: 5 yr member running for president?

Pete Corrigan
Myself and the members of the slate i am on will fight back and have been fighting back. Workers Rights Slate

Re: 5 yr member running for president?

RichardDorrough
So your posting as American above as well as yourself. I am curious. How can you say your candidate for President has been and will. fight back when he has spent over a year on this blog trying to discourage any member who was fighting against McCarron,Spencer or the UBC. How can you choose Nee as a candidate for President when he declared "One carpenter in New York argues on the internet that all local unions in the Carpenters District Council should be abolished" "so he concludes, it is pointless and misleading to continue the fiction that locals still have any meaningful role". How can he now run for President when he not only shares McCarron and the UBC desire to dissolve the locals he favors putting the rank and file under the corrupt council system. This is your candidate for President??

    When ccd4 was formed and having meetings rank and file members, who already were wondering what the hell was up with the Petition/application fiasco, were asking who the leaders of ccd4 were. Nee remained silent and refused to tell the rank and file he was in cc4d up to his neck. So much for transparency.

How about the fiasco he created with the Pro Tem issue at 157. He ran his mouth on the Pro tem issue telling everybody he was right in his interpretation when as it turns out he was full of ...Will you have him advise you on constitutional issues as President. The result of his ignorance was that you almost did not have an election because he hamstrung the legally appointed Pro Tem VP Gausman and the notices almost did not get sent out. How do you explain the illegal elections BS he was a part of at the April 157 meeting that he was a part of and took place because he ran his mouth on Pro tem and did not have a clue. When he was pulling all this crap, which was defrauding the membership by the way, he was calling everybody else stupid and ignorant when in fact it turns out he was completely full of .... Is this your leader for 157.I am astounded that Tom McGonnigle would take a backseat to this clown or even put his name on a slate with him.

  So somebody who wants to abolish all the locals is your slates candidate for President. Somebody who can barley read the constitution let alone interpret it and use it to run 157 and protect your members.Tell me will you be responsible when he helps McCarron finish off Local 157.

 Let me ask you a question. Does the law office of Kary Kane represent your slate in any way??

Re: 5 yr member running for president?

Also lets not forget how many times Nee has called the very members he wants to represent scum bags and unskilled losers if they were on the out of work list. He declared he was a company man and anybody went out off the list could not do their job and were unskilled and should be thrown out of the Union just for being on the list. He declared how great he was as a carpenter and they were all scum and now we find out he has been in the Union for 5 years. Now what a crock of shit and another of his BS lies it turns out to be.He claimed he could out work them all and he was the best and they all sucked.

This is your candidate for President. Dissolve all the locals.Throw out anybody who is not a company suck ass or on the out of work list.Calls his fellow brothers and sister unskilled losers for being unemployed.Wants to turn the rank and file over to the corrupt councils.Has no knowledge of the constitution. Defrauded the membership at the 157 meetings.Yes sir good choice..

 Tell me will he call them scum bags for being on the out of work list as their president.

Re: 5 yr member running for president?

Pete Corrigan
Richard have you ever been to a 157 meeting?

Re: 5 yr member running for president?

Pete Corrigan
Richard have you ever been to a 157 meeting?

Re: 5 yr member running for president?

RichardDorrough
This is the answer you have to all the questions about your slates candidate for President. Ill answer your question when you answer mine.Start with this one.Is Kary Kane the lawyer for your slate??

Re: 5 yr member running for president?

Just saying
Hey richard did i just read that you called company men suck asses? A good union member performs his duty above and beyond, give an HONEST DAYS WORK FOR AN HONEST DAYS pay and there to be considered suck asses? I for one have been in the union over ten years and have been out of work about a two months in ten years but i shouldnt be a "suck ass" because i can hold my job and some others cant. Maybe members should apply themselves more to there trade and apply less time in the porta potty making phone calls and playing pocket poll. I for one im not a 157 member but i see people running for positions calling company men suck asses and then i see cute little nick names for other members in other parties and i can honestly say thank god im not in this crap local because i wouldnt vote for you or someone called cigars or someone whos been in a local for 5 years. WAKE UP GUYS BECAUSE DAY IN DAY OUT ON THIS WEBSITE YOU SOUND MORE AND MORE LIKE A BUNCH OF MORONS AND HOOLIGANS

Re: 5 yr member running for president?

GHOST
 I really hope that these guys were not dumb enough to get involved with this firm. Kanes father Walter is 2nd international vice president of the Teamsters. You remember the teamsters right ? those are the  " union " guys who are always RAIDING OUR WORK !. I may not be well versed in legal nuance , but a blind man could see that"s a conflict of interest. This firm is all fired up to sue the ubc because on discovery they could gain access to thousands of internal UBC documents. I am fully opposed to what the UBC is doing to the NYCDCC but i sure as hell don"t want OUR business opened up to the teamsters. If this slate is using these guys , do us all a favor and get some new representation.

Re: 5 yr member running for president?

Statement of Pat Nee...""""With all that has come up lately in regards to the locals, is there anyone left who thinks that there is any reason for having locals?""""  Hey Corrigan here is your slate candidate for president. If he does not believe in locals why is he your slate candidate for President of a Locals. Have you asked him if his agenda is to finish off 157.. Is this the postion of the workers rights Party.

Re: 5 yr member running for president?

Pete Corrigan
I want more power for the local, they wont give it to us. The council in NYC does everything negotiates our contract, handles grievances, dispatches jobs, handless the OWL, in nyc the council has taken the locals place right, wrong, or indifferent thats what goes on here. I do not like this system but its the system that we are stuck with. I wish things were the way they used to be witht he local but they arent and it sucks

Re: 5 yr member running for president?

Pat Nee
Fine, what do you suggest we do Richard? I am all ears. How do we deal with a disenfranchised membership who is not allowed to exert any influence within their union?

Re: 5 yr member running for president?

So your slate wants the locals dissolved and completely given over to the councils and your party with Nee as its head will sell out 157 to the UBC. Correct???Your party will work to give McCarron and Spencer what they want and you support their policy's. So can we not agree you are the UBC Slate
12