395 HUDSON LOBBY, 9-11 MEMORIALS

Ted
Yesterdays rally was a great day for the rank & file & the start of restoration of worker rights.

The Lobby of 395 Hudson had a few great tributes to 9-11, one for all the victims (Flag with all the names) and one piece of Artwork for those UBC members who lost their lives on that horrid day.

What I found disturbing was is the final one I viewed, that being the glass framed letter to now convicted felon Michael Forde which was addressed to him by Bush's Secretary of Labor Elaine Chao regarding artifacts submitted for the UBC in tribute to our members who died that day.

Given that Forde is a convicted felon, and that Elaine Chao as the DOL'S SOL is the person directly responible for negating UBC members right to vote in Elections, in direct & flagrant contravention to those rights guaranteed by the NLRA, I find it particularly disturbing that the "alleged leaders" of the NYCDCC, and Frank Spencer & John Ballantyne can walk into that Lobby and allow the names, character and reputations of those UBC members who died on September 11, 2001 to be tied to either Michael Forde or Elaine Chao.

I would like to know if any other UBC brother or sister feels the same way. I would further propose that after the Elections for the new EST of NYCDCC occur and the person is seated etc., that the new EST address this very issue with the DOL and perhaps re-issue the letter and address it to the rank and file and have the new Secretary of Labor, Hilda Solis sign it.

The NYCDCC should expand the tribute to those fallen members of the UBC and should perhaps consider the replacement of the thin set marble floors with Terrazzo & wood and make the Lobby a bit more friendly with the addition of seating areas, carpet and provide some water, coffee, tables & magazines. The tribute to the fallen UBC members could include some glass/wood display cases, photos, tools and some more insight to who they were.

This is not meant in any way to be offensive, I just honestly believe that those who died on 9-11 deserve better than to have their names and memory associated with these two individuals and note that any perception of a tie to either, by any fallen UBC member is a disservice to their memory & honor and to their familes & children.

Re: 395 HUDSON LOBBY, 9-11 MEMORIALS

BKLYN
Ted, if they waste any more of my money on that place I'll blow a gasket. That is the lobby of an office building housing many tenants. There are chairs in the  NYDCC reception area on 9. It looks just fine thank you.

Re: 395 HUDSON LOBBY, 9-11 MEMORIALS

Ted
I thought you guys owned the whole building. Anyhow, not my main point - the framed letter addressed to Forde, signed BY Elaine Chao - two criminals who screwed member rights over....and it is tied to the Memory of Union Carpenters who died on 9-11.

It's a disservice to them & their memory & honor and the families as well.

The frame & letter should be taken down.

Re: 395 HUDSON LOBBY, 9-11 MEMORIALS

BKLYN
We do own the building. We have many tenants in the building, the lobby is not a reception area. And yeah, Fordes name is on many things it should be struck from, along with Chao. We should do what the Romans did and get rid of all evidence of that bum ruler.