300 carpenters closed out books

anti union
how come close to 300 left the union last month if it is so good

Re: 300 carpenters closed out books

procity
how do you know 300 left.  who is gonna give you that kind of info ??

Re: 300 carpenters closed out books

oowl
They said at the last 157 mtg that close to 300 left. This is either members who couldn't or wouldn't pay their dues. This could be for the past quarter so dont shoot me if its the quarter and not the month. Either way we're not flourishing & not a good sign. This is for 157 & doesn't include the other locals. The figure is probably higher. If the dockbuilders go the numbers will also rise. Way to go scumbag unity team.

Re: 300 carpenters closed out books

Norman
Have you considered the possibility that they are out of work and cant afford to pay dues? Perhaps we need to go after work that is in our jurisdiction but too small to be considered worth the bother by our organizers. How much does someone really care if they're well paid and others aren't?

Re: 300 carpenters closed out books

Inquiry
It's because the carpenters lost 40%--50% of the Market Share of work. Keep up the great work you organizers and BA's phoneys. Further--McCarroons system  don't work. Fire all the  stiffs & flunkies
and go back to the old systems of elected Business Agents who are accoutable to the membership.

Re: 300 carpenters closed out books

procity
they should cut the dues in half for the owl list guys and double the company guys and friends