157 meeting

608
I thought the meeting went well, a lot of issues raised, hopefully some answers to follow. Anyone disagree?

Re: 157 meeting

608steward
I think that our meetings are going to be long for quite some time to come! Be prepared to sit through the whole meeting. Too many members walk out early!

Re: 157 meeting

derricco
what does derricco do? he doesnt have any answers. he seems to be on spencers leash.

Re: 157 meeting

ENDURANCE
AND JB'S YES MAN AND FALL GUY

Re: 157 meeting

Getting tired
The meeting are way too long.  Nothing gets accomplished other than certain people trying to push their agendas.

Re: 157 meeting

anon
Banned User

Re: 157 meeting

listman
Or another example, the OWL sent us a guy from Ohio, (if you did not know, every member of every local in the country can go on our list).

Is this that Brooklyn job with a manhattan BA thing again

Re: 157 meeting

listman
 the next Mike Forde will take your money and suck it up his nose, and destroy this union.

Don't matter if he sticks it up his nose or his ass, they're planning on taking it no matter where it goes.
None of us are waiting for the next MJF, and simply ending the supervision and praying for a fantastic result from elections aint the way to go about it either.

McCarron knows only one thing, - the millions he's spending on lawyers.
Do you know about his history with lawyers from 1992 that he has with him now.
Do you know Decarlo Connor & Shanley are nationwide for the UBC.
He aint bringing the battle to you, he's waiting for us to come to him.

Electing Billelo or whoever else runs is not the only answer. You have to go to his field & play if you want a fighting chance.

Re: 157 meeting

anon
Banned User

Re: 157 meeting

Bob the Builder
Don't even think his is member

Re: 157 meeting

anon
Banned User

Re: 157 meeting

anon
Banned User

Re: 157 meeting

bill lebo
That's exactly correct anon. They don't want a dissenting view. They want yes men so they can still say they included the membership in their decision making, when all they will deal with is a member who will cowtow to their whims.
FYI

Re: 157 meeting---OWL

FYI
you don't have to be a union member to be on the NYCDC OWL.  you heard right.

Re: 157 meeting---OWL

anon
Banned User

Re: 157 meeting---OWL

listman
This was done so the UBCEO's could benefit at the expense of every carpenter from every Council.

Re: 157 meeting---OWL

listman
Old news !

Re: 157 meeting---OWL

157
As opposed to your hero Teds cases from 1959? Why not just say that you do not know or not say anything?
FYI

Re: 157 meeting---OWL

FYI
an oldie but goodie.  listman not everyone is as knowledgeable as you.  A giant computerized equal opportunity hiring system ONLY works when it services the members of an organization EXCLUSIVELY.  The OWL is great in theory, but with the ability of ANYONE to get in electronic line, it's working against the members of the NYCDC.  Why are we getting crazy about full mobility is we are 3/10 workers away from it?  Or am I not understanding it correctly?